- CHOCOLATERIE MONBANA
Updated on 09/15/2021
Present on exhibition Gourmet
From 12 to September 13, 2021
Parc d'Activités de la Hainaud
Rue Alain Colas
Monbana offers a wide variety of chocolate products that meet every consumer needs: Chocolate to drink, to savour, to taste, to cook, to offer...
Artisans du Monde
Solidar’Monde was created in 1984, on the initiative of the Artisans du Monde Federation. Central import and distribution of organic and fair trade products mainly for the Artisans du Monde associative network, Solidar’Monde is also found in other specialized networks, close to their values. The products come from developing countries and are marketed according to the principles of fair trade. For 40 years, the Artisans du Monde movement and Solidar’Monde have been building channels between producers in the south and consumers with the aim of developing responsible and sustainable trade.
To date, we distribute more than 250 food products: 100% Fair Trade certified / 90% Organic. You will find the best products of fair trade such as coffees, chocolates, sugar, quinoa, cereals, and also high quality products, delicious and innovative thanks to our meetings with producers with unique and traditional skills.
Solidar'Monde also has the mission of making consumers aware of the conditions of economic exchanges with these countries. Member of the European Fair Trade Association (EFTA) grouping 11 fair trade import centers in 9 countries, Solidar'Monde is also a member of the World Fair Trade Organization (WFTO).
BISCUITERIE LES MIRLIFLORES
The biscuit factory Les Mirliflores, created in 2017 by Elisa and Gwenaëlle, is located in an old farm in the Tarn.
We have a unique, original and gourmet concept: mixing pastry and French History.
The principle: Offer you biscuits, which we both make by hand from ancient recipes, in order to make you discover delicacies with forgotten flavors, which made the happiness of our ancestors!
A little extra: A booklet is slipped inside each box to make you discover the history of the biscuit and some of its ingredients (which many of us know, such as sugar, cocoa, butter. .. without ever asking us the question of their origin).
The fruit of long research work in various historical, culinary, medicinal and iconographic documents, our products are the result of many hours spent testing and rediscovering pastry through the centuries.
So we have a range of old biscuits:
- The biscuits de la Joie, biscuits from the Middle Ages with cinnamon and almonds;
- The bridaveaux, shortbread with Renaissance violet;
- The macarons, crunchy version, whose recipe dates from the 17th century;
- The massepains au chocolat, a recipe from the 18th century, one of the first cocoa pastries in history;
- The boules de poilus, hazelnut and orange blossom biscuits, which were made during the First World War by certain Poilus families.
This spring 2020, we have created a new range: infusions, teas and preparations for hot chocolates, inspired by past centuries. Like biscuits, there is a small booklet inside the boxes to learn about the history of the drink and some of its ingredients.
- Mélehant, infusion mint / anise / lemon, from the Middle Ages;
- Guillemette, Renaissance hibiscus apple infusion;
- Céleste, pear green tea from the 17th century;
- Auguste, green pineapple coconut tea from the 18th century;
- Preparation for hot chocolate N ° 1, 18th century recipe with cinnamon and Long Java pepper.